Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Year, New You, Part Deux

Posted by Laura at Thursday, March 21, 2013
So, I've been a bit behind, but I wanted to kind of pop in and do a belated follow-up to Ally's post. I too am doing this whole new year new you thing, though I already set it in the works late last year. I have decided to pursue a gastric sleeve procedure/operation.

I've put a lot of thought and soul-searching into this decision. I don't have a surgery date yet, but I am going through the Comprehensive Obesity Management Program (COMP) at the Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC). It's a 3+ month process, with lots of testing and information. They have a whole team of dieticians/nutritionists, doctors, nurses, psychologists, and generally just friendly and compassionate people and faces.

In the meantime, I've been checking in regularly with the forums on gastricsleeve.com, as well as doing buckets of research and being very inquisitive of all the people I interact with. I'm worn out with how much it's taking over my life a little bit, but I know it will be worth it, even if I'm becoming a bit more terrified as things progress.

I am contemplating starting up a blog as well solely for my gastric sleeve journey. Since there's a lot of things that would help other "sleevers" or possible sleevers, and it would be a way I can actually look at what I'm doing. Unfortunately, I am kind of like, "Meh? Meh. ...Meh" because of being so exhausted. So, who knows. Maybe not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Kittens and Kicks Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos