Saturday, December 8, 2012

Shopping Haul

Posted by Ally at Saturday, December 08, 2012
I know that this is the season for giving to others, but sometimes you need to give to yourself too. Especially when you don't have any seasonally appropriate clothing to wear. Apparently I don't love sweaters. Well, really sweaters don't love me. My body shape looks awful in most sweaters, but there are some that I can manage. I found some today which I'm including in the haul along with some other purchases from recent weeks. Here we go!

I fell in love with this dress as soon as I saw it! I've recently embraced the whole peplum trend and it is awesome. What I thought would draw attention is actually the perfect camouflage from my biggest trouble area. This Red Peplum Surplice Dress from Torrid has a lot going for it. First of all it's red, which I love. Then it has my new favorite thing, the peplum. It also has a fitted skirt and surplice neckline, which is also nice. Basically, it's pretty much amazing.


Jennifer Lopez Swirl Surplice Dress via Kohl's

This is only a shot of the back, but you can see how cute it is! Floral (aka red) and peplum, my favorites! Floral Print Peplum Top with Belt and Black Lace via Deb Shops

Sequin Shoulder Sweater via Deb Shops

Mint Lace Back Sweater via Dep Shops (can't find this one on their online site) also got this one in black but it did not photograph well.

I'm pretty happy with these purchases. Can't wait to wear these! And, while I'm on the topic of fashion I am really excited about finding a new store in my area that caters to plus sizes. It's called Fashion to Figure and they have stores in New Jersey, Maryland, and New York. There's one close enough that hopefully next weekend I'm going to check it out in person. The clothes on the website look amazing and the prices are awesome. Hopefully the quality is just as good. I'll let you know how it turns out!

1 comments:

Laura on March 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM said...

I can't believe I missed this post. They all look awesome!! I LOVE that first dress (no surprise).

Post a Comment

 

Kittens and Kicks Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos