Monday, September 17, 2012

September Birchbox

Posted by Ally at Monday, September 17, 2012
So after reading tons of blogs that have birchbox features, I thought I would try it. The premise is that for $10 you get to sample makeup, skincare, and lifestyle products from different high-end brands. So this is what I got in my first birchbox:















What's inside (clockwise from top left):

1. kate spade new york Twirl
2. boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil
3. Mighty Leaf Tea - Tea Pouches (green tea)
4. Birchbox and Color Club® Custom Collection in Tweet Me
5. Jouer Matte Moisture Tint - linen
6. twistband Hair Tie

Plus:
The Fall Lookbook and a coupon for Madewell.

I'm not really impressed with any of these. I was kind of interested in the nail polishes in every color except Tweet Me. I think that color is hideous. The rose gold, the blue, or even the gray would have been 10,000 times better. Really the only thing I might use from this box is the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, hopefully it's not to dark as I'm pretty pale. Still one out of 6 things isn't that great, but I'm going to stick with it for another month, hopefully the boxes will get better.

2 comments:

Laura on October 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM said...

Maybe the next box will have more Autumn- or Halloween-based things? And when do you get the boxes anyway?

Ally on October 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM said...

I'll probably get my next box tomorrow based on the tracking info. They ship boxes on the 15th usually. I think they shipped them early this time because of shipping issues last month.

Post a Comment

 

Kittens and Kicks Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos